Friday, April 4, 2008

"Phoenix"

I love Ray Liotta. He’s one of my favorites. He’s been in everything from simply dreadful flicks to movie masterpieces… and everything in between!

My favorite Liotta performances have to be as a no-holds-barred detective in “Narc,” Melanie Griffith’s completely-out-of-his-gourd boyfriend in “Something Wild,” and of course, wiseguy Henry Hill in the legendary “Goodfellas.”

But my all-time favorite Liotta role doesn’t come from a movie… and alas, it’s one I couldn’t find a clip for. I’m speaking of the time he played… himself! Well, okay, maybe not his “real” self, but a bizarro
version totally obsessed with Christmas
for a guest-stint on the TV sitcom, “Just Shoot Me.”

Anyway, here we have a movie from the “corrupt cops” genre. It’s directed by Danny Cannon, who made the acclaimed “Young Americans” (and the Bjork video that went along with it), then went on to helm the poorly-received comic book adaptation “Judge Dredd”
with Sly Stallone,
the slasher sequel “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer” and ultimately filled up his career with multiple episodes of the multiple C.S.I. shows.

This actual has a pretty solid cast
filled with faces you know (including Anthony Lapaglia, who like Liotta is another reliable actor always turning in good performances), and based on the trailer may be a worthy time passer for all I know. Decide for yourself…

View the trailer here:



Or watch the entire movie on WABC-TV Channel 7 in New York on Saturday, April 5th at 11:35 PM… if you dare!

No comments: